Free agency has slowed down a bit, but the Lions have still been busy making moves. This week Erik and Joe spend the show digging into a deep mailbag and discuss topics including free agency additions, contract restructuring, retirements, the roster as a whole and, of course, the draft.
- CB Rashaan Melvin has been brought into the fold
- Slot WR/returner Tommylee Lewis feels the best way to escape a tragic football event is by joining the Lions
- Ex-VT QB TE Logan Thomas joins Jesse James to bolster the TE position
- CB Marcus Cooper is back
- So is OL Andrew Donnal
- Tavon Wilson take a pay cut to stick around
- The Lions lose out on RB Malcolm Brown as the Rams match the offer sheet
- T.J. Lang to retire
- Haloti Ngata retires, from a mountaintop
- Upcoming important Lions dates
- The Lions have the most remaining salary cap space of all NFC North teams
- A discussion on how the new offseason acquisitions fit in the Lions schemes
- Will certain remaining players have their roles change?
- The Lions are winners according to PFFs free agency WAR ratings
- An update on the Lions current needs
- Bob Quinn found himself travelling around at top schools pro days, including Michigan, Michigan State, Alabama, Georgia
- Is it better to trade up or trade down?
- Also a bunch of various other listener questions… adding a corner and guard via the draft, what traits to look for and names to watch
- Thanks to Birdmont, Josh 5050 and JFK BK for the 5-star reviews
Just a reminder, if you like our show you can subscribe to iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher or Podbean.