It has been roughly seven months since the Lions last suited up for a football game, and even though the NFL did provide teases through the draft and mini-camps we here at the Detroit Lions Breakdown Podcast have been patiently waiting for football to return… it finally has. Erik and Joe spend this week chatting about training camp.
- TE Austin Traylor makes a total of 90 in camp
- Trey Flowers, Steve Longa and Tommylee Lewis open on the PUP list
- Chris Lacy was placed, then removed from the PUP
- Austin Bryant, PJ Johnson, John Atkins and Ryan Pope were on, then removed, from the NFI list
- Thursday’s first training camp practice is open to the public
- August 2nd = Family Fest practice at Ford Field
- Discussion of Erik’s article: 10 things to know if you’re heading to training camp
- What to note at training camp, is it a red-flag, or meaningless
- Erik dispells national narratives
- Drew Rosenhaus was in town and speaking with the team regarding extensions for Damon Harrison and Darius Slay
- Harrison and Slay have both reported to training camp without missing any time
- Matthew Stafford, Danny Amendola and Marvin Jones found themselves throwing this past week in California
- Who will be the left guard
- Ricky Jean Francois met with the Lions, could he be returning?
- The massive improvements on defense were due to fundamentals, including a top-5 ranking in tackling efficiency and the No. 1 PFF rating in YAC allowed
- Special thanks to Max Air RT, Shawn Sweeney, TJMaz40 and Jared R a Lions fan for their 5-star reviews!
Just a reminder, if you like our show you can subscribe to iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher or Podbean.