The Lions escaped Philadelphia with a 27-24 victory over the Eagles on Sunday leaving them as one of the eight remaining undefeated teams in the NFL with a record of 2-0-1. This Sunday the Lions welcome reigning league MVP Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs to Ford Field. Erik and Joe discuss how the Lions will deal with the Chiefs.
- The injury report still includes Darius Slay
- Marvin Hall gets added to the active roster, Chris Lacy is released
- Lacy and Ray Smith are brought on the practice squad, RB Nick Brossette and DE Jonathan Wynn are let go
- Keys to the victory over the Eagles
- Jamal Agnew sheds his demons — highlighted by a 100-yard kick return for TD
- Coach Matt Patricia trusts his guys sticks with Agnew
- Lions Wire player of the game – Marvin Jones
- Kerryon Johnson found more time on the field after the release of C.J. Anderson
- Erik discusses a conspiracy against Johnson
- Many little mistakes lead to poor run blocking
- Pass protection has been good – zero sacks allowed over the last two games
- Previewing the Chiefs
- Just like the Eagles, the Chiefs have injuries to very important contributors – LT Eric Fisher, WR Tyreek Hill and RB LeSean McCoy
- Can the Lions
stopslow down Patrick Mahomes?
- The Chiefs do have weaknesses, defending the run game is a big one
- Timing of offensive aggressiveness will be critical
- Key matchups to a Lions victory
Just a reminder, if you like our show you can subscribe to iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher or Podbean.