Now that we’re done repairing a few walls in our house after Dan Campbell’s first press conference, let’s get to this week’s episode.
This week the guys discuss the Lions’ hiring Campbell as the Lions’ next head coach, discuss his first coordinator hire, speculate who his offensive coordinator could be, and examine Brad Holmes’ first days as the Lions GM.
- Dan Campbell’s path to coaching the Lions is a fun one
- While Robert Saleh and Arthur Smith were in the running, they landed with the Jets and Falcons respectively, and Dan Campbell emerged as the clear favorite
- Campbell took time to perform exit interviews with Saints players before heading to Detroit
- Campbell was hired as lions next coach on Wednesday
- Shelia Ford Hamp and Rod Wood issued statements
- “I wanted this job. Bad!” — Campbell
- Aaron Glenn, Saints DB coach, hired as defensive coordinator
- James Urban, Ravens QB coach, interviewed for Lions OC job
- Urban’s interview caught the attention of Marvin Jones and Mohamad Sanu
- Ike Hillard, Steelers WR coach, has reportedly interviewed for OC
- Anthony Lynn (former Chargers head coach) and Ken Dorsey (Bills QB coach) also in the mix per Dave Birkett
- Lions QB coach Sean Ryan expected to join Panthers in the same role
- Lions OL coach Hank Fraley continues to interview
- Marquice Williams (assistant special teams coach) accepted a job with the Falcons
- Brad Holmes first days as a GM have been busy
- Lions restructured their front office, starting at the top
- Erik’s examination of Holmes approach to scouting/evaluating
- Holmes discusses his role in building and maintaining a winning organization
- Lions get $12.8 M in rollover cap space
- NFL Combine is being altered due to COVID-19
Just a reminder, if you like our show you can subscribe using iTunes, Spotify, Google Play, Stitcher, or Podbean.