The free agency signing period kicks off on March 14th. So tampering may officially begin on Monday. In this episode, Joe and Erik will break down, position by position, who the Lions may be targeting in free agency and the draft…
- Former Patriot LB Roman Phifer has signed on as an area scout
- “Butt fumble” returner Steve Gregory was hired as a defensive assistant
- Dylan Thompson has been hired as a “character coach”
- The 2018 salary cap is set at $177.2 million, meaning the Lions have roughly $27.5 million in cap room
- Running Backs – will the Lions target a RB at pick #20
- Wide Receivers – TJ Jones will not be extended an RFA offer
- Tight End – Will Ebron be traded? Is Graham an option?
- Offensive Line – Signing Norwell is unlikely, but the draft is loaded with interior options
- Defensive Line – Could Suh come back? Would the Lions prefer a DE or DT at pick #20?
- Linebacker – Whitehead not likely to return, the Lions are not likely to sign an impact name in free agency
- Defensive Backs – The team will likely use later round picks on DBs, and might pick up a known player in free agency
Just a reminder, if you like our show you can subscribe to iTunes, Google Play or Stitcher.