Mini-camp has started and with 3 days in the books the Lions have had enough for the week. Matt Patricia has spoken to the media before every practice and, unsurprisingly, did not say much. Erik and Joe spend their time this week discussing mini-camp.
- The bottom of the Lions roster remains in flux with the addition of TE Wes Saxton and the subtraction of CB Bryan Pringle
- An early visit to the Rod Wood-Shed this week where the PR department, of all things, is discussed
- Darius Slay (#49) and Matt Stafford (#31) both appear in this season of the NFL Top-100 miniseries
- The NFL Network was live in Allen Park this Thursday as the Lions finished up week 1 of mini-camp.
- FB Nick Bawden has a torn ACL
- Joe and Erik break down the first few days and discuss what the beat writers have noticed
- Erik and Joe continue examining the offseason moves of the Lions rivals in the NFC North. This week they break down the Lions perennial thorn in their side, Green Bay Packers
- A lot of fullback, wide receiver and defensive back-centric mailbag questions
- The discussion portion of the show centers around whether the Lions will have success picking from the Belicheck coaching and front office trees
- The final discussion question comes from a Colton Wesley article wondering what would have happened if the Oakland Raiders took Calvin Johnson 1st overall in the 2007 NFL Draft
- A special thanks to 5-star reviewers Kuehn Observations, Malachi’s Lions Blood and Kevin Washington (updated)
Just a reminder, if you like our show you can subscribe to iTunes, Google Play or Stitcher.