The Detroit Lions are at the three-quarter point of the preseason and that means it’s time for the dress rehearsal game. This week on the Detroit Lions Breakdown Podcast we recap last weeks Giants game and prepare you for what you need to know heading into preseason Game 3 against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
This week we discuss:
- Lang and DeShawn Shead have missed the whole week with injures
- The Lions have acquired JACK LB Eli Harold in a trade with the 49ers
- The Lions have added CB Sterling Moore
- The Lions have also signed DB Marcus Cromartie
- Steve Longa is out for the year and has moved to injured reserve
- Killebrew will keep getting more chances, this time due to Longa’s injury
- The Lions have freed up some cap room after the release of Cornelius Washington
- A few more transactions
- Erik’s 5 takeaways from the Giants game
- Erik’s 53-man roster projection after Week 2 of the preseason
- Erik and Joe talk about Jeff Risdon’s 5 matchups to watch in Lions vs. Buccaneers preseason game
- Should we expect more scheme vs Bucs?
- How much concern should there be on the Offensive and Defensive Lines?
- Are we reconsidering touting the Lions depth this season?
- Is covering TEs still an issue?
- Are we going to see a lot of blitz packages?
- Can Kenny Golladay end up as the #1 receiver at some point this season?
- Hakeem Valles vs. Michael Roberts
- Is there a concern with A’Shawn Robinson?
- Is Jamal Agnew developing at corner
- Quinn has left a lot to be desired with his work in free agency
The podcast is available to listen at the DetroitLionsBreakdown.com website and is available to download and subscribe on multiple podcast platforms, including Itunes, Google Play, Stitcher, among others.