The Lions two-week-long search for an offensive coordinator came to an end on Wednesday when news broke that they hired former Seahawks and Vikings OC Darrell Bevell. There is a lot to learn about Bevell and Erik and Joe cover it this week…
LionsWirearticle on the Bevell news
- Erik breaks down Bevell’s coaching career and how it evolved and adapted
- What do we know about Bevell’s eye for talent? He is largely credited for identifying Russell Wilson as the quarterback he wanted in Seattle
- Could adding a coach like Dave DeGuglielmo (former offensive line coach of the Colts) be in the cards for the Lions?
- How long should it take for the Lions offense to learn the new system?
- The Lions work searching for coordinators is not done as they are searching for a Special Teams coordinator as well
- Erik rolls out important Lions offseason dates
- Players are drawing interest from the Lions at East-West Shrine practices, including corner Jimmy Moreland and running back Nick Brossette
- Erik lists off some Senior Bowl prospects
- What tight ends the Lions may target this offseason, via trade, free agency or draft
- Another TE target has emerged as Iowa tight end T.J. Hockenson has declared for the draft
- Can Tyrell Crosby be ready to start on the OL next season?
- What is the trade value of the 8th overall pick
- Bob Quinn is getting smarter with his trade moves
- Would the Lions be interested in trading for an established player if they had to deal away a Day 2 pick?
- Could the Lions pick a guard at Pick 8 if T.J. Lang retires?
- Who Erik thinks could be the Lions 3rd round sleeper, similar to Kenny Golladay and Tracy Walker?
- The Lions head into free agency and the draft with an estimated $36 million in cap space
- Who might the Lions be targeting in free agency at RB?
Just a reminder, if you like our show you can subscribe to iTunes, Google Play or Stitcher.