For the just the 3rd time in Detroit Lions Breakdown Podcast history Erik and Joe welcome in a guest voice, Lions Wire writer Scott Warheit visits the studio to discuss the Detroit Lions recent coaching changes, how they impact the offseason, and as always, take questions from the listeners.
- First, we get to know our guest Scott Warheit
- Next is diving into Scott’s latest column — Matt Patricia’s choice of Darrell Bevell was shocking, but it shouldn’t have been
- How will the Darell Bevell hire impact the team’s needs
- Have the Lions chances of re-signing Golden Tate increased with Bevell’s hiring?
- Who are some free agents the Lions may target with ties to Bevell this offseason
- FB Nick Bawden may get some opportunity based off of Bevell’s fullback usage
- The Lions have hired John Bonamego as special teams coordinator
- How will the special teams be impacted
withthe return of Bonamego?
- The group discusses the Lions rank of 12th in Rick Gosselin’s 2018 Special Teams rankings
- What are some position coaches responsibilities?
- WR Brandon Reilly gets signed to Reserve-Future contract
- Who are some targets in free agency and the draft that fit the slot receiver profile?
- #OnePride 2019 Lions’ Fan Mock Draft 1.0, Erik asks Scott and Joe who their choices would be in rounds 1, 2 and 3 according to his Twitter poll
- The Lions are headed towards an estimated $36 million in cap space
- Who might the Lions pursue as a high-end defensive end in free agency?
Just a reminder, if you like our show you can subscribe to iTunes, Google Play or Stitcher.