This is Super Bowl week and since the Lions are not participating Erik and Joe will begin breaking down position groups for next season. This week the focus is on the offense, mainly the skill positions.
- The opening of the offensive discussion has to do with the changes in the coaching staff, first the removal of offensive coordinator Jim Bob Cooter and replacing with Darrell Bevell
- The Lions offensive needs are changing with the hiring of Bevell, his usage of a fullback, and free agent targets with ties to Bevell
- Lions RB coach David Walker walks away from coaching and now the Lions have another offensive coaching position to fill
- QB coach George Godsey is seemingly no longer employed by the Lions and is reportedly going to resume coaching with the Miami Dolphins
- Former Houston Texans QB coach Sean Ryan has been hired by the Lions as their new
quarterbackscoach, how will he help Matthew Stafford
- What does it take to fully implement a new playbook on offense?
- How long does Erik think the Lions will need to adapt to the new scheme/playbook?
- Could there be more coaching changes on the way?
- Will the Lions target a backup QB in free agency, the draft or both?
- Will Theo Riddick have a role in the new offense?
- Which running backs will the Lions be targeting in free agency and the draft?
- Could Marvin Jones really end up being be cut/traded?
- What might we see from Michael Roberts in 2019?
- Dispelling rookie tight end myths on whether they can be completely effective in their rookie seasons
- Are there any skill positions the Lions could target at #8 in the NFL Draft?
- Could Iowa tight end T.J. Hockenson work in the new system and would they consider picking him at #8?
- Thanks to Matty Stafford Side-Sling and Tommy Rock Nuge for the 5-star reviews
Just a reminder, if you like our show you can subscribe to iTunes, Google Play or Stitcher.